FAQ – CBD Info
What is CBD?
CBD is one of over 100 naturally occurring phytocannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. CBD is non-intoxicating, unlike its sister cannabinoid THC.
How is CBD made?
CBD is extracted from the Cannabis plant. Most CBD on the market is derived from hemp plants.
What is the difference between hemp and marijuana?
While technically hemp is marijuana, legally, hemp is defined as cannabis containing less than the federally mandated .3% THC limit.
How does CBD work?
CBD works by modulating the Endocannabinoid System, or ECS.
What is the ECS?
The Endocannabinoid System is an innate biological system, like the Nervous System or Cardiovascular System, that is present in all mammals and other living creatures. The ECS spans the entire body, from the brain to the gut to skin. In fact, cannabinoid receptors are the most plentiful receptors in the human body.
What is the function of the ECS?
The ECS is responsible for creating homeostasis – a stable internal environment despite external fluctuations – relaying messages that affect how we relax, eat, sleep, forget, heal and protect. ECS has two types of receptors, CB1 and CB2 and uses the endogenous cannabinoids Anandamide and 2-AG.
What functions does the ECS impact?
The ECS impacts: sleep, appetite, digestion, hunger, mood, motor control, immune functions, reproduction and fertility, pleasure and reward, pain and inflammation, memory, temperature regulation and neurogenesis. The ECS also finds and clears free radicals – electrically unstable atoms that pull electrons from molecules they interact with.
How does CBD affect the body?
- CBD acts on Anandamide as a reuptake and breakdown inhibitor, increasing Anandamide levels in the body. The name Anandamide stems from the Sanksrit word Ananda – which means, joy, bliss and delight. (1)
- CBD acts as a reuptake inhibitor for the neurotransmitter Adenosine. Adenosine directly affects anxiety and inflammation. (2)
- CBD directly stimulates serotonin via the 5HT1A receptor. The 5HT1A receptor impacts anxiety, appetite, sleep, perception of pain, mood, gut comfort and sexual behavior among others. (3)
- CBD Interacts with the TRPV1 receptor. The TRPV1 receptor mediates pain perception, inflammation and body temperature. (4)
- CBD stimulates the PPAR-Gamma receptor. The PPAR-Gamma receptor is involved in energy homeostasis, lipid uptake, insulin sensitivity and other metabolic function CBD Increases Anandamide. (5)
(1) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27790143/ – CBD and Anandamide
(2) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24853683/ – CBD and Adenosine
(3) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16258853/ – CBD and 5ht1a
(4) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article/PMC6340993/ – Cannabis and TRPV1
(5) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/aticles/PMC2220031/ – Cannabis on PPAR
Is CBD safe to use?
Is CBD Legal?
- In 2017 the WHO reported that CBD posed no public health risk or abuse potential. –
- A 2011 review conducted by Mateus Machado Bergamaschi found that long term doses of up to 1500mg of CBD a day were well tolerated in humans.
- In fact, the high rate of abuse and overdose associated with opioids make CBD a considerably safer alternative or addition to opioids for pain management.
- Although side effects are rare, the most commonly reported side effects include dizziness, lethargy, hyperactivity, loose stools, jitteriness and increased heart rate.
- Always consult a doctor about potential interactions with drugs you are currently using.
- CBD derived from hemp (Cannabis with a THC content <.3%) was made federally legal in all 50 US States under the 2018 Farm Bill.
- At the state level, CBD derived from hemp plants is legal in 47 states and illegal in Idaho, Nebraska and South Dakota.
Who are you?
We are just a couple of Nice Minnesotans. We founded MN Nice Botanicals in 2019, and after a year of diligent research and preparation we opened our business to the public in October of 2020. In our year of preparation, we found an imbalance in the industry. While wholesale prices were dropping, retail prices remained high. Customers were paying far too much which greatly limited CBD’s exposure. We believe something this beneficial should be available to everyone at prices they can afford. We handcraft all our products in small batches, right here in Minnesota, with all natural ingredients.
How is your CBD sourced?
We diligently search the local and national markets for only the highest quality CBD. All our CBD is tested and vetted before purchase. All our CBD is extracted from hemp plants sourced in the United States.
Do you test your CBD and products?
Yes! All our CBD is tested for cannabinoid content, terpenes, heavy metals, pesticides, microbial contaminants and residual solvents prior to manufacturing any product. In addition, each individual product is tested for cannabinoid content. Click HERE to see the lab analysis of our products!
Will I test positive on a drug test?
Drug tests don’t screen for CBD, but they may test for THC. While we do not sell any products that contain amounts of THC higher than the federally legal limit of .3%, even CBD isolate products may contain trace amounts of THC that could show up on a drug test. We recommend not using any CBD products if this is a concern for you. MN Nice Botanicals is not liable for any positive drug test result.
What dosage should I take?
Everyone reacts differently depending on their weight, metabolism, and body chemistry. MN Nice Botanicals cannot make any specific recommendations regarding serving size, but a good rule of thumb is to always start small and increase the dosage until you find what works for you.
Why should I hold CBD oil under my tongue?
Holding CBD under the tongue for a minute or two before swallowing increases the bioavailability of CBD in the bloodstream. CBD users note a quicker onset and stronger effects when held under the tongue before swallowing.
How long until after I take CBD will I notice the effects?
Generally, with oral or sublingual administration, effects are present within 1-2 hours after ingestion. For a faster effect, smoking or vaping is the preferred method of consumption in the CBD community. Topical effects can be felt near immediately.
Why don’t I feel anything or notice anything different?
Everybody reacts differently to CBD. What may work for one may not work for others. Since CBD is non-intoxicating, its effects may not be apparent initially. Many users may notice initial benefits, while others may need to take it for a prolonged period to notice benefits.
Why should I consult my doctor if I have been warned against grapefruit?
Like grapefruit, at high enough doses CBD is known to inhibit cytochrome P450 enzymes, a family of liver enzymes that metabolizes certain pharmaceutical drugs. Any warnings received from a doctor regarding grapefruit should be applied to CBD as well. Always consult a physician before starting any new supplementation or dietary program.
Is CBD Psychoactive?
Yes, CBD is psychoactive, meaning it affects mental processes. However, it is non-intoxicating, meaning it won’t cause the euphoria, stupor or loss of control that is associated with its sister cannabinoid THC.
What is the difference between CBD Isolate, Full Spectrum CBD, and Broad Spectrum CBD?
- CBD Isolate is the isolated cannabinoid itself. While CBD isolate may contain trace amounts of other cannabinoids, the isolation process largely purifies the end product, resulting in 98-99% CBD.
- Full Spectrum CBD is an extract of the entire plant’s cannabinoid content. Our full spectrum products contain less than the federally regulated limit of .3% THC.
- Broad Spectrum CBD is a Full Spectrum extract run through a process known as chromatography, effectively eliminating any THC.
How do I store CBD products?
We recommend storing all CBD products in a cool dark place.
When will my order ship?
All orders ship the same business day if an order is placed before 11am CT. After 11am CT or on weekends, orders will ship the next business day. All orders, including those that are expedited, are shipped with the United States Postal Service.
When will my order arrive?
All orders are shipped with USPS and are expected to arrive within 3-5 business days from being shipped.
How much does shipping cost?
We offer free shipping on all orders over $15 within the USA. For orders outside the USA, shipping will be calculated at checkout.
Do you offer refunds?
We will accept the return of any products purchased directly from us within 30 days of delivery, for any reason. Please first email Customer Service at [email protected] for a return authorization. We will give you instructions on how to return your products. Proof of Purchase is required.
After 30 days post-delivery, we can no longer offer a refund or exchange. Partial refunds in certain circumstances may be granted at the sole discretion of MN Nice Botanicals. Please note, we reserve the right to refuse returns on orders exhibiting fraudulent behavior. If you receive an item that is defective or damaged, please contact us within 30 days of delivery by sending us an email at [email protected]. We are happy to exchange damaged or defective items.
We cannot accept returns on items that are not purchased directly from MN Nice Botanicals. For products purchased from a third party (e.g., brick and mortar store or online distributor), please return products with proof of purchase directly to the third party, which will be subject to their return policy.
We will not refund or replace items for products purchased from unauthorized sellers.
What is your return procedure?
Please E-Mail [email protected] for return authorization.
When returning an item, shipping costs will be deducted from the refund total.
Please package the items you are returning carefully in the original packaging or in another secure manner and include the invoice or order slip.
Please send all returns to the following address:
MN Nice Botanicals
Attn: Shipping / Returns
13433 Fenway Blvd Cir N #100
Hugo, MN, 55038
For your own protection, please consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee we will receive any returned items or that they will arrive in good condition.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send a return notification email. We will also notify you whether your refund has been approved. If approved, the refund will be processed, and a credit will be automatically applied to the original method of payment within 30 days.
We ship all our products as quickly as possible, but depending on the ship-to location, the time it takes for an exchanged product to arrive may v
Can I cancel an order?
We cannot cancel a USPS order once it has shipped. If you wish to cancel an order that has not been shipped, please contact Customer Service at [email protected].
If your order is delivered after you have contacted us to request a cancellation, Customer Service will email you a pre-paid return label and fully refund you for your order once it is returned to us. We can only refund for expedited shipping if the order was not delivered by the estimated date.
Note: Order cancellations must be requested from Customer Service prior to shipping. Otherwise, your request will be considered a return and follow our standard return policy.
Do you offer wholesale discounts?
Yes! We sure do! We have multiple wholesale tiers and offer lucrative returns for our industry. Visit our Wholesale Page HERE
What payment methods do you accept?
Currently we accept all major credit cards, as well as E-Check payments.
Can I order from anywhere in the USA?
Our products are available anywhere in the USA. The 2018 Farm Bill made CBD derived from hemp federally legal, but individual states have their own regulations. It is up to you as the consumer to decide whether or not you’re comfortable with the legality of CBD in your state before purchasing.